- One 12-ounce jar orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons A-1 steak sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 pounds flank steak
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix them up well. Set aside 1 cup of the marinade (see step #3 & #4) and add the flank steak to the remaining marinade and coat well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
#Preheat your barbeque grill until it’s hot. Put the steak on the grill and pour some of the marinade on top. After a minute to get a good sear, flip the flank steak over and pour a bit more of the marinade on that side. Discard any leftover marinade (since it had been on raw meat). Turn the barbeque burner down to medium. Flip again after 4 more minutes, and then remove after 4 additional minutes. This will be fairly rare; add a 1-2 minutes per side for more well done.
- While you let the flank steak sit for 5 minutes, microwave the cup of marinade that you put aside earlier until it’s hot.
- Spread half of the marinade across the steak and cut again the grain into thin slices. Provide the last of the marinade for those that want a little extra on their pieces.