This delicious spicy salmon and eggplant dish is bound to become a favorite in your family.
- 3 fresh salmon steaks
- 1 eggplant
- 3 limes
- 2 lemons
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. Greek or Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp. hot red pepper flakes
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Remove stem and end of eggplant and slice on a diagonal, cutting slices approximately 1/4-inch thick.
- Place salmon steaks and eggplant slices in a large, flat Tupperware container.
- Cut lemons and limes in half and remove juice.
- Pour juice into a separate bowl.
- Stir in olive oil, seasoning, pepper flakes and ground pepper.
- Pour over steaks and eggplant.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
- Turn steaks over and rearrange eggplant for even marinading, once during process.
- Place steaks on a hot grill and cook on both sides until done.
- Add eggplant slices to grill when fish is half cooked.
- Grill eggplant slices on both sides. Remove.
- Serve fish and vegetables with rice. Serve hot.